Our team has been hard at work planning, praying, and visualizing an expansion to our physical campus to make room for the growth of our local body. Below, you will find a video walk-through and a handful of graphics that illustrate the plans for our future.Give Toward Legacy Here
- February 11th, 2018: 21 Days of Prayer Begin • We will launch a 3 week prayer initiative this day to help focus our hearts on God. This 3 week endeavor will include unique devotional content, Facebook Live interactive prayer moments daily, and finish with a 24-hour time of prayer as a church on the night of March 2nd, 2018.
- March 3rd & 4th, 2018: Promise Weekend at Hillside • We will pledge on this weekend our giving contributions toward this Campaign based on how God has led us.
- March 25th, 2018: First Fruits Sunday at Hillside • This day marks our first day of giving toward the Legacy Campaign. Our hope and prayer is for this day to be the largest day of giving ever at Hillside.
Below you can find a gallery and video of illustrations highlighting the architectural plans for the expansion. Last but not least, you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Legacy Campaign to assist you as you learn and think about being a part of this project.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do we begin construction on the expansions? It depends on the money raised from First Fruits Sunday on March 25th, 2018. The hope and desire is to be able to break ground in 2018.
- When will this expansion be complete? Our estimation is that once we break ground, it will take 18 months to complete the project and occupy the building.
- How will our ministry to families be affected as a result of moving to the new ministry areas? Our primary goal is to be able to move our younger children from the portables on campus to the main building where they are near their parents and can grow in a space that is designed intentionally for Children’s ministry.
- How will having the new facilities expand our ability to reach more people? This new space will not only be able to improve our Children’s Ministry, our adults will have more meeting spaces to help achieve our goals of discipleship.
- What growth are anticipated as a result of this project? This project allows for growth in the Children’s Ministry and meeting spaces for groups across all ministries. In addition to this, our parking lot will be finished out with a more efficient flow of traffic along with more parking spaces.
- How will the Legacy Campaign funds be raised? We have a handful of options regarding giving toward this campaign. Cash or check can be given via envelope with designation on the envelope that the donation is for the campaign. You can give online through Planning Center . Or, you can give stocks or bonds to this campaign. If this is something you are interested in, please provide your broker with the following information:
- DTC# 0221 (UBS Financial Services Inc.)
- Name: Hillside Community Church
- Account #FW-C0266-10.
Thank you! See our Give Page for full details.
- How long do we have to fulfill our Campaign commitment? This Legacy Campaign is 1000 days in duration beginning on First Fruits Sunday (March 25th, 2018). First Fruits Sunday will be our largest gift-giving day of the Campaign to launch the project off in the best way possible.
- I have been giving to the Siteline Building Fund, will I need to give to both Siteline and Legacy? No, the Siteline Building Fund will be our focus until March 24th, 2018. March 25th, 2018 will mark the first day of giving toward the Legacy Campaign. This day is called First Fruits Sunday.
- What is the total goal amount for this Legacy Campaign? Our goal is a total $5 million for this campaign to cover construction of the expansion, to help our mortgage payments on our existing main building for the 3 years of the campaign, and then it will cover 10% on our mortgage principle.
- Will we still have a mortgage on the existing main building after the Legacy Campaign? Yes, but our $5 million goal amount includes paying down principle on our current loan to be proactive toward paying back the existing loan.
- Will we add to our debt with this building expansion? The goal of this campaign is to not only complete it without adding more debt but to also pay down 10% of our current existing mortgage principle.
- How big will this building expansion be and what ministries will be utilizing the new expansion? The expansion will cover 23,000 square feet. On Sunday mornings, it will be used for our Children’s Ministry (specifically ages newborn through 1st grade). During the week, it will be used for Women’s Ministry, Kid’s Life, Kid’s Life Jr., and other extracurricular meeting events.
- Will the new project fit on our current property? Yes, it will fit within our current property. Our property has its challenges with topography and layout, but this project helps ensure we are utilizing every square foot we have been given.
- What kind of professional outside help have we enlisted as the church plans for expansion? We have retained Kirk Nowery and Hope Partners Resources to guide us through the campaign process. At this time, we have enlisted Shanks Architects in Dallas to help design the expansion and we have also consulting a civil engineering firm to evaluate our unique topographical obstacles.
- Will the road construction expanding Alta Vista/Ray White impact attendance? The connection of Ray White to Golden Triangle will help visibility and the amount of commuters passing Hillside’s campus, but once the construction moves to expanding the road immediately in front of Hillside, we expect to see a slight impact on attendance.
- Will we lose parking during construction of the expansion? We will lose the gravel parking lot on top of the hill during construction.
Have any more questions? Email us below!Contact Us