Meet your staff.
Leadership & Discipleship Pastor
Associate Student Pastor
Community & Discipleship Pastor
Director of Serving
Biblical Counseling Director
Director of Administration & HR
What we value…
- We love to help people find God
- We relate in a real & friendly way
- We teach God's Word boldly & practically
- We challenge people to follow Christ fully
- We serve our local & global communities
- We strive to make disciples of God's Word
What we believe…
BibleWe believe that Scripture in its entirety originated with God and that it was given through the instrumentality of chosen men.
NatureWe believe that there is one true, holy God, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
ChristJesus Christ is the eternal second Person of the Trinity who was united forever with a true human nature by a miraculous conception and virgin birth.
DestinyDeath occurs for all mankind, with a resurrection of the body to a judgment determining the fate of each individual—either eternal separation from God or eternal communion with God.
PurposeThe central purpose of God's revelation in Scripture is to call all people into fellowship with Him.
Holy SpiritThe essential accompaniment of a genuine relationship with Jesus Christ is a life of holiness and obedience, attained by believers as they submit to the Holy Spirit.
ChurchThe corollary of union with Jesus Christ is that all believers become members of His body, the Church.
PracticeThe Holy Scripture is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- We understand baptism to be only for those who profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and that it is an act of obedience by those who subject themselves to His sovereignty.
- We believe baptism symbolizes the spiritual cleansing and conversion of believers and is thus an essential part of one's faith but does not in and of itself save.
- We baptize by immersion, and honor other modes of baptism (sprinkling, pouring, et cetera) as long as it occurred after personal belief in Christ and was understood by the one being baptized. Otherwise we re-baptize.
- Children may be baptized, as long as they are old enough to understand and receive the gospel, are able to give testimony to others of their faith, and are given permission by their parents.
- As a biblical rite of initiation into the body of Christ, baptism of believers is considered a prerequisite for joining the membership of the church.
- Interested in more? If you're curious about your next steps towards baptism, click here to learn about the process at Hillside.